I get this question quite a bit so I thought i’d touch on some things that seem to be working for me :)
- Quality over quantity. Personally, I prefer answering a few questions a day that I really take my time on and go in depth rather than answering a bunch of questions a day with shorter answers. This way I can add pictures, prices, descriptions, etc. I also like to do a little research before I answer a question so I can give accurate info cause sadly I don’t know everything! lol
- Keep updated on new products, new makeup techniques, makeup trends, etc because people will come to you for advice so you want to make sure you’re “up with the times” and giving the people what they want. You can do this by checking other makeup blogs (I do!), watching youtube videos, following big makeup brands on social media, etc.
- Find out what your followers like. For example I like to see what posts of mine get the most notes/attention so I can get a gist of what people like and want to see.
- Make your blog pretty! I’d suggest keeping your blog theme neat, organized and clean so people can focus on the content. I paid for my theme because some of the free or cheaper themes can look a little less “professional” but it’s really personal preference!
- Queue your posts (if you use tumblr). I don’t always have time to update my blog so i’ll spend a couple hours making posts for the next day or doing it in the morning, etc and queue them so they post periodically through out the day. This way I don’t flood people with posts all at once and more people can see you content since different people are viewing your blog through out the day.
Again, this is what seems to be working for me so I’m not sure if this is the “right” way but hopefully you have a little more insight on how to start up and run your blog :)
I would recommend using a flat top foundation brush! You can get the most coverage using a flat top foundation brush which means you can use less product. The trick is to use a brush where the hairs are short and tightly packed together. The more dense and compacted the brush hairs are, the better the coverage you can get with less foundation :)
Another tip would be applying a thin layer of foundation and then going in with concealer to cover anything that still needs coverage. You need less concealer to cover since it’s more potent and pigmented so you can use less foundation.
Some brushes I recommend are
Sedona Lace Synthetic Flat Top $15 currently on sale for $12!
ELF Flat Top Kabuki $3 at Target (not my favorite out of the others, but definitely good for the price)
Real Technique’s Expert Face Brush $9 at Walgreens, CVS, Ulta and Walmart. A more curved kabuki, but still gives full coverage with less product.
NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams $6
Lime Crime Velvetines $20 (usually sold out on their website, try Amazon or other online sites)
Sephora Collection Lustre Matte Long Wear Lip Color $16 (dries to more of a velvet finish, not completely matte)
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lip Color $22
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks $19
Yes I would! Rimmel’s 104 is a tad more mauve/pink while Twig is a little more brown but they will look verrry similar on the lips!
A great Kylie Jenner esque shade! :)
Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 104
Thanks for the heads up! :)
Hey guys! Trying something a little new and making a haul type post of some new products I got in the mail this week! I bought a few items from an online shop, Glambot, a place where you can buy and sell used makeup. Glambot is the first site/service I’ve seen that offers something like this so I thought you guys would be interested! Discounted high end makeup? Hard to find products from past collections? Yes please.
I have yet to use Glambot to sell any makeup but if you’re interested you can learn a little more about that on their site. Basically, they buy gently used makeup off you and then sanitize, clean and sell the makeup for cheaper than retail price because it’s gently used.
When purchasing anything from Glambot they specify how much product is left, the condition the product is in and they even have some new/unused products.
The items I chose are
- MAC Cream Color Base in Shell
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Peaceful
- MAC Sculpting Powder in Bone Beige
- MAC Mineralized Blush in Utterly Game
Don’t these products look good as new?!
Disclaimer: I was sent these products for review. I am not getting paid for this post.