Ulta black friday deals start now online!
50% off everything on Coastal Scents website until December 2nd!
I recommend some of my favorite brushes
All so cheap! Go go go!
Whether you’re buying someone a gift for a fellow makeup lover or simply putting together a christmas list for yourself here are some great gift ideas! :)
Some customizable ideas
- You could put together some drugstore skin care items like face masks, exfoliator, pore strips, a nail polish or two for a fun at home spa kit!
- Give a collection of drugstore items gift wrapped in a cute mug for coffee, tea, etc. Check out all my favorite drugstore items here.
- Pick out items for a certain area of the face. For example pick out makeup goodies like an eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow for an eye makeup kit. Or a blush, bronzer and highlighter for a cheek kit & etc.
Some product/set ideas
NARS Guy Bourdin One Night Stand Blush Palette $65. Includes their ever so famous Orgasm and Deep Throat (I felt dirty typing that LOL), more new blushes, a highlighter and a bronzer. Fab deal.
Lorac Pro Palette $42 at Sephora or $39 at Ulta with full sized liquid liner & mini eyeshadow primer for limited time!
Too Faced Beauty Blogger Darlings $20 at Sephora. Comes with all minis! Includes their famous Chocolate Soliel bronzer, Shadow Insurance eye primer, Primed and Poreless face primer and Better Than Sex mascara.
Benefit The Pretty Committee $38 at Ulta. Comes with a full sized Bellabama blush (warm pink), full sized Stay Dont Stray eye primer, travel size High Beam and a full sized Eye Bright which can be used to brighten the under eye or used a waterline to make eyes look bigger!
Lorac Pro To Go $38 at Sephora & Ulta. Comes with every day neutral shadows, a pink and peach blush & a matte bronzer in a super compact little palette. Great for travel or for having every day products in one spot!
Real Technique’s Sam’s Picks Brush Set $30 at Target & Ulta. However any brush set or brushes from Real Technique’s would be a fab gift!
Tarte Thoughtful Treasures Best Sellers $19 at Sephora. Comes with a warm medium pink blush, maracuja oil and an every day pink lip tint!
Most of these are online only unless they are bigger stores like Sephora, Macys, Ulta, etc. But for the single brand sales that don’t have standing stores these sales are for online :)
Black Friday 11/29
- Makeup Forever: Buy 2 full sized Aqua Cream Shadows for $10 at Sephora 11/29 - 12/1
- Sephora: $10 deals online and in store
- Macys: Gift sets available from different brands
- Ulta: Many black friday sales which you can view here
- JC Penny: Buy one get one free on all nail polish including Opi
- Smashbox: 25% off everything w/ $50 or more purchase using code Holiday25 valid until 12/2
- Urban Decay: Starting at 6am on black friday you can get a 6-piece bundle of Revolution Lipstick for only $50 (a $132 value). Get travel sizes of All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray, Supercurl Mascara and Eyeshadow Primer Potion, as well as the Black Market 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set, for $35 (a $72 value)
- Yes to: 40% off site wide. Yes to Carrots, Yes to Cucumbers, Yes to Blueberries, etc.
Cyber Monday 12/2
- YSL: 20% off all orders of $75 or more until 12/2 online for cyber monday
- Urban Decay: Get the Smoked Palette and an Eyeshadow Primer Potion Travel Duo for $40 (a $58 value). Urban Decay is also throwing back to 2011 with a revival of the Book of Shadows Vol. IV, complete with a deluxe Revolution Lipstick sample for $25 (a $64 value)
- Giorgio Armani: 20% off $75+ purchases through 12/5
- ELF: 50% off all purchases $30 or more from 12/1 to 12/3
- Sigma: 20% off select brushes
I’ll def update you guys if I learn more! :)
Girl I gotchu
First off try cutting your lashes in half or cutting off just the ends to use on the outer half of your eyes. This is not only more natural looking than a full strip of lashes but this is also easier to apply & more comfortable to wear. Even cutting a little off the ends to make it fit your eyelid better helps a lot :)
I’d recommend the Ardell lashes in #110. They arent super full or long, very natural looking. You can also get them in a twin (2 pairs) pack for $4.99 at Ulta currently or buy online here. You can buy Ardell lashes at most drugstores or online!
I love Red Cherry lashes they are super cheap but still great quality because they are human hair. For you i’d recommend #747S which you can buy a pack of 6 for $8 here. But you can buy Red Cherry lashes on many online websites but the Amazon one is a pretty good deal :)
Salon Perfect a brand sold at Walmart also has a great selection of natural looking lashes :)
Blending eyeshadow incorrectly is probably one of the biggest makeup mistakes we all make as beginners. When blending you want to fade out your eyeshadow to create a gradient from dark to light. For blending eyeshadow you want to make sure you have the proper tools such as the right brushes, a transition/blending color and a base/primer!
Using an eyeshadow primer or even just a skin tone shadow all over the lid will help eyeshadows blend better than trying to blend over naked skin. When blending over just skin eyeshadows can look blotchy and tug onto dry patches making blending harder than it has to be.
This will also help your eyeshadow stick better and prevent fading, smudging and creasing through out the day!
There are a few types of blending brushes. Some are more fluffy while some are more flat or tapered that you can use to blend as well as apply color into the crease. A good quality blending brush will make a WORLD of difference when blending out eyeshadow!
How to use a blending brush: Use a windshield wiper motion back and fourth to blend out the eyeshadow using a light hand. Don’t press too hard when blending out eyeshadow you want the brush to gently grace the eyelid this will give softer, blended look. You can also apply eyeshadow using blending brushes into the crease or outer v. Make sure to use lighter eyeshadows first and darkest colors lasts so the dark colors don’t stain the brush so every eyeshadow you use after appears darker. Or you can use more than one blending brush for different shades so you don’t mix colors!
Some blending brushes I recommend are MAC 217, MAC 224, Sigma E35, Sigma E40, Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff, ELF Studio Flawless Concealer Brush, Sonia Kashuk 109 Blending Brush & Sedona Lace Universal Blender.
It’s pretty difficult to blend out and eyeshadow perfectly so a blending/transition color does some of the work for you. When blending out eyeshadows you want the darkest shade to fade into a lighter shade creating a gradient/ombre. A blending or transition color is an eyeshadow used in between the crease color and the brow bone in order to create a gradient between colors. Using a blending color helps other colors blend more seamlessly into one another. For example when using a black color in the crease you would use a lighter gray color on top of the black and blend up so it looks like the black is fading into a grey creating that gradient/ombre effect. Usually a medium brown works well for most transition/blending shades.
You can apply the blending color first so when you apply other shadows it will already start to look more blended.