Hi guys don’t forget to follow my twitter for makeup lovers unite for even more makeup blabber :)
I also have an IG @_michellemolina
Taupe is great for contouring! It created natural looking hollow cheek bones because it looks like a natural cool/grey shadow and not like bronzer.
You can use a cool toned bronzer or you can even use a taupey brown eyeshadow!
Try products like
NYX Blush in Taupe
MAC Sculpt (on left), pro product available online
A few tips
- Try waterproof mascara for the bottom lashes. Waterproof mascara is a lot less prone to smudging.
- Set your concealer with powder, if your concealer is still tacky when your mascara and concealer rub against each other the mascara will tug and transfer. The powder acts as a buffer between the mascara and concealer.
- Go for a long wearing, light weight concealer. Preferably something that dries to more of a powder finish. Any concealer thats too thick and creamy won’t fully set and just stick to everything.
A Clarisonic is a form of exfoliation so, yes! Exfoliating the skin will help with many skin problems like flakey skin, oily skin, acne, large pores, etc. Exfoliating helps buff away dead skin to unclog pores so pores appear smaller, skin is less oily, less prone to break outs and fades scares and spots.
Some benefits to products like the Clarisonic are
- Helps deep clean the skin, sometimes you don’t really wash all off your makeup which can lead to break outs
- When used once a day or a few times a week it can be a more gentle form or exfoliating as opposed to using a face scrub
- Gives the skin a more even and smooth texture
There are more affordable options to the Clarisonic since it can be a little on the pricey side. There are super similar tools for the fraction of the price if you’re on a budget! Try something like the Olay Pro X Cleaning System which you can get for around $30 at places like Walmart, Target, Ulta or online.
Keep in mind, if you don’t already exfoliate regularly starting with something like the Clarisonic will break you out temporarily. This is the skin purging itself. When you start exfoliating any break outs under the skin come to the surface. So i’d recommend starting off using once a day or a few times a week. I only like to use it at night because you can over exfoliate and my skin isnt too dirty in the morning anyway unlike after a long day or wearing makeup.
Some more affordable neutral eyeshadow palettes I recommend are
Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette 12$ and comes out June/July so keep an eye out!
Coastal Scents 28 Neutral Palette $19 buy here
NYX Nude on Nude Palette, discontinued in store but you can still find it online for around $18 here!
Physicians Formula Nude Palettes, they have 4 palettes shades (all shimmery shades) for around $12
Sonia Kashuk Eye On Neutral Shimmer (they also make an all matte version) for $20 at Target
For dry skin I recommend cream or milky cleansers, nothing that lathers up too much or gets soapy because those types of cleansers can strip the skin of it’s natural oils. Try cleansers like
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser $8
- Aveeno Active Naturals Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser $6
- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser, Creamy Formula $9
- Philosophy Purity Cleanser $23
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser $38
After your cleanse your skin you can follow up with a hydrating toner like rose water from brands like Fresh or Burts Bees, The Body Shop Vitamin E Toner, etc. This isnt a necessary step but it will help add a little extra hydrating and prep the skin for moisturizer.
Next you can follow with a skin oil, serum or a thicker moisturizer. A lot of dry skin ladies/gents use an oil or serum under their moisturizer for extra hydration however you can choose one or the other. The great thing about serums and oils is they sink in super quickly and feel light on the skin so they work great in the day time or at night under moisturizers. Oils will mainly hydrate while serums will help gently exfoliate and brighten the skin just improving skin overall.
For oils I recommend
- Josie Maran Argan Oil $48
- Tarte Maracuja Oil $46
- Loreal Skin Renewal Face Oil $20
- Boots Botanics Organic Face Oil $9 (at Target only)
For serums it’s all really personal preference, some are brightening/spot correcting while some help with anti aging, etc. I’d recommend going into Sephora and getting samples of some serums you’d like to try! :)
About once a week i’d recommend exfoliating using a face scrub or using a face brush like the Clarisonic with your cleanser (can be used daily) to scrub away any dry patches, dead skin, etc. This will just help your skin care products really sink in, give your skin a smoother texture and give your skin more radiance.