Yes Tarte is an awesome brand! Great for those who want an all natural makeup brand that is more gentle on the skin and won’t cause irritation, break outs or anything of the sort. You don’t feel so bad putting it on your skin! lol
I especially recommend any of the Amazonian Clay products because they are all super long lasting.
Some Tarte products I recommend are
Amazonian Clay Blushes. These… are… amazing. They are super long lasting, very pigmented and come in so many colors and finishes.
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation. A great foundation if you want fuller coverage without it being too cakey and drying yet still being long lasting. The formula is thicker but more “airy” so it feels light weight on the skin. Just make sure not to use too much, a little goes a long way!
Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer. It’s a beautiful matte bronzer that can be used for contouring or all over the face. Not orange but not too ashy.
Glamazon Pure Performance 12 Hr Lipsticks. These are moisturizing yet long lasting which is very hard to do in a lipstick. They seem to always be out of stock online but they have a larger selection in stores!
There are a few waterproof, long lasting brow products out there!
Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade $18. This is sort of a like a gel liner for your brows, it will give a strong, fierce brow. I like to wipe some off in the lid before applying to get a softer application.
Stila Stay All Day Brow Color Waterproof Pen $21. This is sort of like a liquid liner for the brows. Has a softer look than the Dip Brow Pomade and great to mimic real hairs by drawing on mini flicks.
Makeup Forever Aqua Brow $20. The Aqua Brow dries to more of a soft powder finish and applies like a somewhat sheer gel so it won’t look too harsh on the brows. Gives more definition than the Stila Brow Pen but won’t look as intense as the Anastasia Dip Brow.
There arent really any waterproof drugstore brow products yet but there are a few things that will help your brows stay put longer than usual!
- Use an eyeshadow primer over your brows then apply brow powder/pencil, this will act like glue and help your brow products stick to the skin.
- Use a brow wax then go over with powder. This also acts somewhat like a glue giving your powder something to stick to.
- Use a waterproof gel liner on your brows with a very light hand applying little product. Using gel liner on the brows isnt a new concept many people do it for the long lasting qualities. But since gel liners arent made for brows they can apply too pigmented and harsh so you have to apply very little at a time and build up the product.
Good luck! :)
- Dior Skin Forever
- Loreal True Match
- Estee Lauder Double Wear
- Physicans Formula Youthful Wear Spotless Foundation
- Urban Decay Naked
All these foundations have a satin, not too matte but not dewy finish that feel more light weight on the skin. These foundations are also more on the runny, liquidy side which makes them super light weight on the skin and easy to build up for more coverage without looking cakey or feeling heavy :)
Not exactly, some oily skin gals prefer oil free foundations! Some would argue you want to go for an oil free foundation because oily skin doesnt need any more oil. I’ll explain a little the pros and cons of each makeup base so you can choose for yourself :)
It’s really useful to know a little bit about the make up of makeup (hehe) to better understand which foundation or makeup is best for you. Take a look at the ingredients list on makeup products to learn a little more about them.
There are a few different types of face makeup
- Water based
- Oil based
- Silicone based
- Alcohol based
- Powder based
- Mineral based
Water based foundations (ones that claim to be oil free) are more light weight, have lighter coverage, usually has a more matte finish, won’t clog pores like some other foundations and doesn’t feel greasy or oily.
- Ex. MAC Face & Body, Makeup Forever Face & Body, Covergirl Clean Makeup, Cover FX Oil Free Foundation
Oil based foundations tend to be fuller coverage, more creamy, can have more of a dewy finish and blends easily but some can clog pores and look a little greasy/oily. Oil based foundations tend to be better for dry skin because they are more oily and “moisturizing”.
Silicone based foundations are similar to oil based foundations in the sense they have full coverage. They feel a little more light weight and comfortable on the skin. Very pore perfecting, creamy and smoothing like silicone based primers. Could possibly clog pores.
- Ex. Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse.
Alcohol based foundations has very light weight and give little to medium coverage. Many airbrush systems use an alcohol based foundation.
- Ex. Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation.
Mineral based foundations are the most gentle, non irritating types of face makeup because they are all natural. Most mineral foundations are powder but there are a few exceptions where there is mineral liquid foundation and concealers (Bare Minerals just released a liquid foundation). Usually more light to medium coverage.
- Ex. Bare Minerals, Pur Cosmetics
Powder based foundations are light weight, easy to use powders with more coverage than normal setting powders. They are easy to use and feel light on the skin. The downside is it can look cakey and powdery if you have dry skin or don’t use a proper moisturizer before hand.
- Ex. MAC Studio Fix Powder, Milani Multitasking Powder, Makeup Forever Duo Matte
I’ve gotten quite a few questions about summer makeup for swimming and sweaty summer days so i’ll recommend some long wearing, waterproof products :)
One tip is using a cream product under a powder product will help your makeup last longer for example using a cream blush or bronzer and using a powder blush or bronzer over it. This will help blush and bronzer last all day through!
Another tip is using primers like foundation primers, eyeshadow primers, lash primers, any sort of primer will also help any product last longer.
Foundation. Water based foundations are great for sweating and swimming, they are water based instead of oil based so they won’t slip and slide once wet or sweaty like oil based foundations. Long wearing foundations work well too because they are made to withstand heat, sweat, water, oily skin, etc.
- MAC Face & Body (water based)
- Estee Lauder Double Wear
- Covergirl 3 in 1 Outlast Foundation
Eyeshadow. Long wearing cream shadows work best because they stick to the lid instead of just sitting on the skin like a powder eyeshadow. Using an eyeshadow primer underneath and dusting powder on top will also help the shadows last longer.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hr Cream Shadows
- MAC Paint Pots
- Makeup Forever Aqua Cream
- Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Eyeshadow
Eyeliner. Liquid liner is a lot more long lasting than pencil or gel. Waterproof liquid liner is best and won’t smudge or transfer as much as a non waterproof liner.
- Makeup Forever Aqua Liner
- Stila Stay All Day Liner
- Maybelline Ultra Liner in Waterproof
- Physicians Forumla 2 in 1 Serum Liner
Mascara. There are many, many waterproof mascaras so i’d recommend getting your fav mascara in the waterproof formula!
- Makeup Forever Aqua Lash
- Maybelline Falsies in Waterproof
- Covergirl Lash Blast in Waterproof
- Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof
Blush Stains/Lip Stains. Cream/liquid lip and cheek stains work best because they stain the cheeks and lips so they won’t fade away of rub off when in contact with sweat/water.
- Tarte Cheekstain
- Benefit Cheek and Lip Tints
- Josie Maran Magic Marker Cheek & Lip Stain
- Makeup Forever Aqua Cream (blush and eyeshadow shades available)
- Ulta Brand Cheek Stain (affordable)
- Revlon Photoready Cream Blush
- NYX Stick Blush
- Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick