NYX Butter Lipsticks $6. Super creamy, pigmented and some in tons of fun and neutral colors.
Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks (black packaging)/Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipsticks (red packaging) $5. Both are super pigmented and creamy. Even the matte shades are creamy and not drying for matte lipsticks.
Maybelline The Buffs Lipsticks $6. Price varies on drugstore. They have a nude for every single skin tone it’s awesome! Pinky nudes, beige nudes, warm nudes, deeper browns.
Maybelline Vivids Lipsticks $6. Super pigmented, creamy, rich shades.
Maybelline Color Elixirs $7. These liquid lipsticks have more a glossy finish. Almost like a super pigmented lipgloss but with better staying power. They have great shades from corals, bright pinks, pinky nudes and purples.
NYX Matte Lipsticks $6. Matte but not drying, awesome shade selection and creamy.
With Dip Brow you might want to use a synthetic brush because creams/liquids work best with synthetic brushes. So if you were to use a powder (brow powder or eye shadow) to fill in your brows you’d want to try a natural haired brush. A natural haired brush will work fine with Dip Brow just make sure it’s not too scratchy or rough :)
When looking for an angled brush for eye brows you want to look for short, dense brush hairs. Angled brushes that are too long, flimsy or soft will cause any brow products to go on really sheer because it’s not really picking up any product. However soft, flimsy brushes can be good if you want a super natural, barely any product there look!
Try brushes like the Sigma E75, Coastal Scents Classic Natural Angled (only $2!) or the MAC 208.
OCC Lip Tars are awesome! Totally not dry and flakey what so ever but still long lasting. What makes them so popular is their variety of fun, bold colors and their pigmentation. You need the tiniest drop to get intense color pay off to cover your entire lips. They are pretty comfortable to wear the formula isn’t drying but I wouldn’t consider them lip stains they are more like long wearing liquid lipsticks. They go on creamy and moisturizing and dry to more of a satin finish.
$18 at Sephora!
Hello I absolutely love your blog! 💓 I have a question, it seems everytime I wear gel eyeliner after a little bit it wears onto my upper lid?! Do you have any tips on how to prevent this? Would rather not look like a raccoon, haha xoxo
Hi! Thank you :)
Your gel liner is probably starting to smudge because your eye lids are producing oil causing the liner to break down and get sticky making it transfer. It’s best to apply an eyeshadow primer under your gel liner and all over the lid which will create a barrier between your skin and gel liner. Another extra step you can do is apply a skin tone or beige shadow all over the lid and up to the brow bone (over eyeshadow primer) then apply gel liner. Applying an all over shadow will prevent the liner from sticking to your skin and “mattify” the lids so they won’t get oily as quickly!
Some gel eyeliners aren’t that long wearing so you may want to switch to a more waterproof/long wearing gel eyeliner like
- Wet n Wild Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner $3
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner $24
- Clinique Brush On Cream Liner $16
Lash and brow tinting can make the biggest difference and add lots of definition!
- Observe what your followers/readers like. I find that eyebrows and contouring seem to be really popular so i’ll try my best to pop out contouring and eyebrow content like pic tutorials, answering questions on it, etc.
- Queuing your posts. I normally bulk blog in one day so i’ll spend a few hours answering questions and making posts and queue it to post through out the day usually around 3 - 8 pm when more people tend to be online. This is great if you’re busy with school or work so you can make content at 1 am and still have it go live at an appropriate time! lol
- Keep up with new trends, product launches, popular products, etc. I read other beauty blogs and watch youtube videos to see what everyone is talking about whats popular because I know people will ask and want to know about it. You can do this by following big brands on twitter/IG, reading other beauty blogs, watching youtube videos, etc to see when theres a sale or new product coming up.
- Understand and respect everyone has different budgets. When I give advice I try to make sure to give affordable and high end options and if they specify they want drugstore or high end I only recommend products in their price range.
- Have an easy navigable website/page layout. Customized links are great to organize and separate content making it easier for the reader to find what they’re looking for. I like to have my links on top easily accessible and clickable. You don’t want anything to be too cluttered and crowded either so I suggest finding a simple layout. Personally I paid for my page layout so you may want to consider that!
These are a few things I’ve learned through out the years and I hope you find them helpful! Good luck on your beauty blogging adventure, it’s really fun and satisfying :)
Ah I love you blog sooo much. I just learned how to do my brows all nice like yours with concealer and I'm super proud haha- my question is, for people who have fuller brows, would using the dipbrow product make the eyebrows look too heavy and drawn on because it is a gel? I know you said it dries like a powder but it still looks kinda heavy. Thanks so much xx <3
Dipbrow can be pretty easy to apply too much and look “drawn on” but I put veeerry little on my angled bush and then wipe the excess off on the lid to get barely any product to get the most natural looking brow possible. It is really pigmented so you just have to be careful! You could also try using a shade or two lighter than your brow so even if you apply too much it won’t look too dark or crazy.
If you want to try dip brow for the waterproof/long wearing aspect of it but want something natural looking try products like Makeup Forever Aqua Brow or Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse. These are more on the sheer/light weight side unlike Dip Brow which can be a little intense which is great but not for everybody :)