Some more affordable neutral eyeshadow palettes I recommend are
Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette 12$ and comes out June/July so keep an eye out!
Coastal Scents 28 Neutral Palette $19 buy here
NYX Nude on Nude Palette, discontinued in store but you can still find it online for around $18 here!
Physicians Formula Nude Palettes, they have 4 palettes shades (all shimmery shades) for around $12
Sonia Kashuk Eye On Neutral Shimmer (they also make an all matte version) for $20 at Target
For dry skin I recommend cream or milky cleansers, nothing that lathers up too much or gets soapy because those types of cleansers can strip the skin of it’s natural oils. Try cleansers like
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser $8
- Aveeno Active Naturals Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser $6
- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser, Creamy Formula $9
- Philosophy Purity Cleanser $23
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser $38
After your cleanse your skin you can follow up with a hydrating toner like rose water from brands like Fresh or Burts Bees, The Body Shop Vitamin E Toner, etc. This isnt a necessary step but it will help add a little extra hydrating and prep the skin for moisturizer.
Next you can follow with a skin oil, serum or a thicker moisturizer. A lot of dry skin ladies/gents use an oil or serum under their moisturizer for extra hydration however you can choose one or the other. The great thing about serums and oils is they sink in super quickly and feel light on the skin so they work great in the day time or at night under moisturizers. Oils will mainly hydrate while serums will help gently exfoliate and brighten the skin just improving skin overall.
For oils I recommend
- Josie Maran Argan Oil $48
- Tarte Maracuja Oil $46
- Loreal Skin Renewal Face Oil $20
- Boots Botanics Organic Face Oil $9 (at Target only)
For serums it’s all really personal preference, some are brightening/spot correcting while some help with anti aging, etc. I’d recommend going into Sephora and getting samples of some serums you’d like to try! :)
About once a week i’d recommend exfoliating using a face scrub or using a face brush like the Clarisonic with your cleanser (can be used daily) to scrub away any dry patches, dead skin, etc. This will just help your skin care products really sink in, give your skin a smoother texture and give your skin more radiance.
Try BB Creams like
- Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream with Salicylic Acid
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Tinted BB Cream (all natural, won’t case break outs/irritate the skin)
- Cover FX BB Mattifying Gel with Anti-Blemish Treatment
You could even mix in some acne clearing moisturizer like the Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer with your foundation to make your own acne fighting BB Cream :)
Lorac Pro Pallette 2
That’s a little tricky to answer because it’s different everytime! Usually it comes out between 4 - 9 am west coast time keep that in mind if you are in a different time zone.
There’s been endless nights where I stay up all night refreshing the page every 15 minutes till I see it’s in stock. So depends how desperate you are to get your hands on the collection! Lol
Also don’t forget to check other sites that sell MAC like Macy’s, nordstrom, etc :)
Try some products like
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Glow All Day BB Cream (new Double Wear BB Cream, slightly dewy but still long lasting) or Double Wear Light (light weight version of Double Wear)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer
- Makeup Forever Face & Body
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
- Smashbox BB Cream
All these are light weight, more on the moisturizing side yet not too dewy and moisturizing that they’ll slide off within a few hours :)