I adore makeup but skin care is also something I take very seriously! In my opinion skin care is key to flawless looking makeup.
A few tips to help combat redness!
- Try to avoid acne medicated products in the morning or in general. Your skin may be more sensitive and the harsh ingredients in acne medicated face wash and skin care can be irritating to the skin making it more inflamed and red! Stick to any acne related skin care for the night time. Go for a calming, gentle cleanser in the morning so your skin will be calm and soothed the rest of the day. Sometimes like Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser $5 or First Aid Beauty Cleanser $20.
- Use a clay mask once or twice a week. Clay masks really draws out all the impurities to help fight acne and the clay is great at minimizing redness! Try clay masks like Boots Bontantics Iconic Clay Mask with Willowbark $10 at Target or Freeman Clay Mask $3.
- Use a calming moisturizer like First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream $12, Eucerin Skin Calming Daily Moisturizing Cream $7 or Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer $17. These moisturizers really soothe and treat the skin to prevent it from becoming really red and inflamed!
Best of luck! Xo
Try products like
Wet n Wild Brow Kit in Ash Brown (middle lighter ash brown shade is great for blondes)
NYX Brow Cake in Blonde $5
NYX Waterproof Eyebrow Gel in Blonde $7
ELF Brow Kit in Ash $3
Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Blonde $18 (they also make great ash shades in pencil and powder form)
Makeup Forever Aqua Brow in #10 $20
Try primers like
- NYX HD Eyeshadow Primer
- Milani Eye Primer in Nude
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
- Benefit Stay Don’t Stray Eye Primer
These primers are all nude/flesh toned tinted so they will make the eye lid and even color so your shadows so more true to color and look more vibrant! :)
Demi lashes usually means they have a graduated length, going from short to long which elongates the eyes and makes them look larger and more “cat eyed”. When referring to a lash as “wispy” it usually means the lash hairs are perfectly imperfect, the lash hairs cross over each other and look more natural.
Check out some styles like
Ardell Demi Wispies $4 at Target, Ulta, Walmart, CVS, etc (most drugstores)
Salon Perfect Demi Wispies $3 at Walmart
Red Cherry DW $1-$2 at some local hair/beauty supplies stores or online here.
You want a foundation that has a matte finish, is long wearing, good coverage with a more whipped, airy consistency making it feel more light weight on the skin!
Some great drugstore alternatives are
Covergirl 3 in 1 Outlast Foundation $9
Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse Foundation $5