Hi there! :)
One big tip to help maintain your skin is to properly remove your makeup at night. Typically, one cleanse won’t remove all your makeup so when you go to sleep any excess makeup will clog your pores and cause you to break out. When removing your makeup at night you want to double cleanse, once to remove and break down your makeup and another time to cleanse the skin. You can do this by just washing your face twice, using a makeup remover wipe to remove the bulk of your makeup before washing, using a toner after you cleanse your face, or using a cleanse off oil first (cleanse off oils are great for those who cake up that makeup because it breaks down and dissolves everything!).
As for prepping you want to use a long wearing primer to keep your makeup from melting and getting all yucky on your skin which can clog your pores. Try more light weight, smoothing primers that will lengthen the wear of your makeup and gently fill in and smooth over pores to prevent your makeup from clogging them.
Try primers like
- Benefit Porefessional $31
- Dr Brant Pores No More Pore Refining Primer $45
- Hourglass Mineral Viel Primer $52
- NYX Angel Viel $16
- Rimmel Stay Matte Primer $7
Try gentle, non irritating cleansers like
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser $38
- Philosophy Purity Cleanser $23
- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser $13
- Cetaphil Daily Cleanser $10
- Neutrogena Ulta Gentle Daily Cleanser $9
Try thicker, cream moisturizers at night! Personally my skin is normal/oily but I like to slather on a more intense moisturizer at night so during the day I can use a more light weight one. Try moisturizers like
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream $28
- Clinique Moisture Surge Intense $38
- Boots No. 7 Protect & Perfect Intense Night Cream $22 (Boots is sold at Target & Ulta)
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream $15
You might also want to try facial oils! They are great light weight moisturizers for intense hydration. Can be used under moisturizer or alone :)
Not any premade ones, but they do sell sculpting and shaping pan refills at a Pro store or online and you can make your own contour palette! You just need to buy an empty MAC palette or a Z palette and buy a highlighter and contour shade. Great for makeup artists who want more than one contour and highlight shade depending on a clients skin tone or if you want more than one shade to get different contouring effects :)
They have 5 sculpting shades ranging from pale beiges from deeper browns to contour with and 5 shaping shades that are highlighter shades. These are only found at MAC Pro stores or online under their Pro Products.
You can even depot your favorite contour and highlighter shades and put them in an empty MAC or Z palette and make your own little contour palette!
You can fit quite a few blush, contour, shaping powders in one empty MAC palette or buy a divider to put in so you can put 6.
I came home to a cute package from @thebeautyb0x last night!😁🙌
-These clear Mac lipstick covers are so convenient when I’m trying to look for a certain color to wear. Not to mention, they make them look soooo pretty 😍
These are only a portion of my lipstick collection because I need a bigger lipstick holder!😭
Nonetheless I love this idea and think it’s super cute!
Huge thank you to @thebeautyb0x! Xoxo💗✨
You can purchase these at thebeautybox.co✨✨✨
#thebeautyb0x #lipsticks #lipstickcovers
A contour kit would be great to start out! It mainly depends on your skin tone and if any contour kits out there would work for you. Some contour kits can be too dark or too light but if you find one that works for your skin tone it’s nice to have a one stop product for contouring and highlighting. Just avoid any contour kit with a bronzer shades thats too orange and warm, you want a more grey, ash brown bronzer.
Some great matte bronzers for contouring are
- NYX Blush in Taupe
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer
- Too Faced Chocolate Soliel Bronzer
- Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder
- NYX Matte Bronzer
- Physicians Formula Bronze Booster
Some great contour kits to check out would be
Makeup Forever Sculpting Kit in 2 Neutral Light. The bronzer is a medium cool toned brown and the highlighter is a pale powder with a slight sheen.
NARS Contour Blush
Sleek Contour Kit in Light (US peeps can buy on Amazon or online)
Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette in Streak, The bronzer in this palette is more cool than the others.
Thank you! :)
Lets see my top 5 MAC products hmm… i’d have to say
- Mineralized blush in Dainty because it goes with any makeup look and never looks too overdone! A nice warm medium pink with a slight sheen.
- Mineralized Skinfinish Natural as a setting powder because it never looks cakey and feels light weight.
- Pro Longwear Concealer for under the eyes and blemishes for light weight, long wearing and full coverage.
- Lipstick in Syrup, great every day medium pink shade. Moisturizing and goes with any look.
- Prep + Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose to brighten and highlight the face.