I wear quite a bit of makeup daily! I either wear makeup from 8 am to 8 pm for school and such or no makeup at all for days when I just do lazy things lol. So I either wear a full face of makeup or nada. On days I wear makeup I always wear
- Gorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation or Garnier BB Cream for oily/combination skin
- Benefit Hello Flawless powder
- MUFE HD Powder (translucent powder)
- Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser Under Eye Concealer
- NYX Blush in Taupe (for contouring)
- MAC Blush in Dainty
- Maybelline Falsies Mascara
- Hourglass Mineral Viel Primer (best primer eva)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
- Jordana Brow Pencil or Anastasia Brow Powder (usually both)
- Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Rose (every day pink shade yet mega moisturizing)
P.s my skin type is combination oily/dry, sometimes normal if i’m having a good skin day :)
You can still buy Dream Matte powder online on places like Amazon! I’d stock up if you really like it :)
I can’t really rate them 1 - 10 because every powder has different coverage, a different finish, etc so they are all different in their own way! But some good oil controlling powders are
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
- Makeup Forever Duo Matte Powder
- Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder
- Kat Von D Lock It Powder
You can also try translucent powders over your foundation or even over pressed powder! They are great at controlling oil and great to touch up with through out the day since they never look cakey and give no coverage :)
Not like I have a man to impress but… ;)
A day time look i’d go for is
- Light shimmer shadow all over the eyes, thin winged liner, natural flirty/wispy lashes. Brown eyeliner would look really light and flirty!
- Light to medium coverage foundation with a slight sheen/glow. Nothing too matte.
- A pale blush like a light pink or light pinky peach.
- A tinted lip balm in a rose or mauvey color. I prefer a rose or mauve lip shade for a more romantic type setting because your lips look more healthy and full than a nude or pale pink! I’d use a lip color lip liner to make my lips slightly fuller. Maybe add a little gloss!
A night time look i’d go for is
- Pale shimmery shadow all over the lid, a medium brown in the crease and on lower lash line.
- Slightly thick, winged liner or a smudged out sexy black liner look using pencil and/or black shadow. Natural glam lashes.
- A slightly more full coverage foundation, still nothing too matte!
- Contour a little more dramatic than in the day time. Go for a blush thats a little more “sexy” like a coral or rose. A pale pink blush is more flirty and girly.
- A medium pink lip liner to make my lips look fuller with a sheer nudey pink lip gloss over top.
Overall tips for a date
- Glowy skin! Try not to look too matte/powdery
- Exfoliate your lips the night before or morning of for soft, kissable lips
- Exfoliate your skin the night before and use some kind of face mask so your skin is soft & smooth the day of!
- Apply a little bit of a pale shimmery eyeshadow in the inner corner of your eyes near your pupils, this makes your eyes look bright and pretty
I hope all my followers have a great valentines day! If you have no valentine i’ll be your valentine okay <33
A few tips! Some of these tips will also help eyes look bigger & more awake for anyone not going for a “doll” look :)
White eyeliner on your lower lash line. Rimmel & NYX both make really affordable ones. White eyeliner totally gives that really doll, big eye effect. It makes your eyes look brighter and more awake!
A concealer a shade or two lighter under your eyes. This adds to the bright, super awake look. Blend down towards your nose you don’t want it to be light only right under your eyes it won’t look as natural!
Have fun with eyeliner. Do a double wing (two flicks on your upper liner) this makes your eyes look bigger and more flirty like a doll’s eyes. You can even create lower lashes with liquid liner by doing short flicks to mimic lashes.
Lashes! Lashes that are more spaced apart and spikey are more doll like. Lower lashes would totally add to the doll effect. Lower lashes are like really short regular lashes, you can even use individual lashes.
Blush only on the apples of your cheeks. This gives that blushing effect unlike if you were to bring blush back towards your temple.