Did you guys get any makeup for Christmas? Let me know! :)
I got MAC Diva from a secret santa but thats all the makeup I got this Christmas because I think my family knows I have more than enough! lol
From MAC i’d recommend
- Mineralized Skinfinish Natural Powder because it’s such a light weight, natural looking powder but still gives good coverage.
- Any lipstick or blush really, it all depends on your skin tone but i’d get one blush you can wear every day! My personal fav is Dainty (mineralized warm pink blush) because it will work on so many skin tones yet it’s still a natural looking, every day blush.
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, great for spots or under the eyes. Great coverage but still feels light weight and not heavy/cakey.
From Sephora i’d recommend getting good face products like foundation, primer and powder. It all really depends on your skin type so you should def ask a Sephora employee for good foundation recommendations for your skin type. But i’ll tell you some of my favorite products :)
- Benefit Hello Flawless Powder which is my favorite face powder because it has great coverage so it can be used as a powder foundation or use lightly to set foundation. Makes your skin look so nice and poreless!
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
- Matte bronzers like Benefit Hoola Bronzer or Too Faced Chocolate Soliel Bronzer. Matte bronzers can be used for contouring or bronzing, great product to have!
- Urban Decay Naked foundation
Lately i’ve been loving Burnout or Dust all over the lid with Mooner in the crease and Limit to blend out Mooner. Mooner and Limit together give the perfect gradient effect! :)
Some other looks i’d recommend are
- Buzz all over the lid w/ Mooner in the crease, to make it even more smokey try Darkside in the crease
- Trick all over the lid w/ Factory or Darkside in the crease
- Lair on the lid w/ Factory in the crease
- Mugshot on the lid w/ Darkside in the crease
- Mooner on the lid w/ Darkside in the crease (more of a matte taupe smokey eye)
- Burnout on the lid w/ Buzz in the crease
Look what I found under the tree! Can’t wait to open these after I get off work! Merry Christmas♥
Merry Christmas to all my followers on the eastern hemisphere & happy Christmas Eve to all my followers in the Western Hemisphere!
If you don’t celebrate Christmas, happy holidays! :)
I hope you all have a fabulous holiday, your support with this blog means more to me than I can explain. It’s a Christmas gift in itself :)
Love you all!
Revlon Photo Ready concealer & Hard Candy glamoflauge concealer (sold at Walmart only) are both great coverage drugstore concealers :)
I’d recommend waterproof mascara!
Waterproof formulas stay put and don’t smudge & smear getting into your eyes :)
Yes and no! Yes because the powder itself is great, no because the shade banana won’t work on every skin tone.
It’s a little too yellow to be used on fair even some medium skin tones but it works great on tan to deeper skin tones!
It’s pretty affordable too because you can get a large tub of it for under $10 that will last a long time.
The powder is silky and finely milled. Great alternative to translucent powder if you don’t want a white cast in pictures, they are similar but the Ben nye powders are tinted and give slight coverage.
If you’re light or fair they do make lighter colors than Banana, you can even use them as face powders or just under the eyes :)