You want to go for more creamy foundations because they just glide over the skin and any dry patches. Anything too runny or drying will just accentuate any dry areas.
Try foundations like
- Loreal Magic Lumi
- YSL Touche Eclat Foundation
- Garnier BB Cream for Oily/Combination Skin (moisturizing yet long wearing, great coverage!)
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation
- Lancome Tient Miracle
Ooh great question :)
When I have class and i’m exhausted I like to keep the focus on my skin, keeping my skin more dewy and radiant will help me look like I got plenty of sleep! Here are some great tips/products to use in the morning to pep up your look and help you look more alive and radiant!
- Nude eyeliner in the waterline. Using a nude eyeliner in the waterline will make the eyes look more bright and awake taking away any redness that comes along with tired eyes. Rimmel makes a great nude eyeliner.
- A bright inner corner. Using a pale shimmery shadow in the inner corner of the eye is a great way add some glow and brightness to the eyes.
- Dewy skin. Sometimes overly matte skin can look a little dull and tired. Skin with a little glow and radiance will make your skin look like it got a full 8 hours of sleep. You can do this by using a dewy foundation like Loreal Magic Lumi or using a more long wearing foundation like Covergirl 3 in 1 Outlast and using a shimmery highlighter on the cheek bones, down the nose, cupids bow and under the brow bone.
- A bright under eye. Using a concealer a shade or two lighter than your skin tone under your eyes blended down will really brighten and lift the face. Use a lightweight concealer like Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer or Loreal Magic Lumi Concealer.
- Add some color to the face. Adding a little blush on your cheeks or color to your lips will make you look more radiant and healthy! If you’re not used to color just use a little bit of bronzer to add warmth to the skin. Using a cream blush and a sheer bright lip color will help you look the most “alive” and radiant.
Some great primers for oily skin are
- Hourglass Mineral Viel
- Rimmel Stay Matte Primer
- Becca Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector
- NARS Pro Prime Pore Refining Primer
- Givenchy Mister Mar Mattfying Foundation Primer
- Boots No7 Beautifully Matte Primer (sold at Target, Ulta and Walgreens only)
- Smashbox Photofinish Primer in Light (different than original version)
Also p.s if you’re using a smoothing, thicker primer to hide pores, less is more! Using too much of a smoothing primer can make you even more oily so apply a really thin layer :)
Thanks love! :)
Eyelash glue prices are pretty standard I love Duo lash glue! I tend to buy bigger bottles because they last you longer (months, even years!).
For lashes on a budget I love Red Cherry! They range from $1 to $2.50 for a pair depending on where you get it. You can even buy them in bulk for cheaper. They are 100% human hair so they are awesome quality and look more natural on. I buy my Red Cherry lashes online here or in bulk on Amazon or Ebay.
Another way to save on lashes is to buy them in bulk/sets on places like Amazon or Ebay. These sets are usually very, very affordable because they are synthetic. Synthetic lashes tend to look more fake and shiny and can be more difficult to apply so keep that in mind. Be on the look out for lashes with a clear lash band because they are more flexible and easy to apply as opposed to a thick black lash band. Clear lash bands are easier to conceal looking more natural!
In this Amazon link I recommend lash sets 14 and 12 because they have clear lash bands and are more fluttery and natural looking.
In this Amazon link I recommend lash sets Black #01 and Black #05.
Lastly, to get the most use out of your money reuse lashes! I reuse my Red Cherry lashes up to 10 times! The better you take care of them, the more uses you can get out of them. Some tips to keep your lashes looking brand new are
- Avoid using mascara over them or apply a thin layer. You can even remove the mascara after each use with a cotton swab and makeup remover. Try not to add mascara every use because it cakes up and looks more “used”.
- Keep them in an area with no access to dust, water or dirt. Keeping them in a secure place like a lash case or lash box will keep them in good condition.
- Give them a good cleaning with rubbing alcohol with a cotton swab every use or every few uses. This keeps them sanitized and clean.
- Remove all the lash glue after each use. Leaving on stray lash glue will make it harder to remove the lash glue the second time and make your lashes become unusable quicker.
I’d recommend using powder if you want a softer brow. Sometimes using pencils or creams can look a little harsh.
Try products like
- ELF Brow Kit ($3)
- Wet n Wild Brow Kit ($3)
- NYX Eyebrow Cake ($5)
Sometimes getting a more natural brow has more to do with the technique of filling in your brows rather than the product itself!
Some tips to get a more natural looking brow
- Use a brow color a shade or two lighter than your hair color
- Keeping the front of the brows more empty/less filled in
Using a shade or two lighter will give you definition without being too obvious that it’s there. Even just using a lighter shade in the front of the brow will help soften up the brows! Also try concentrating the product near the end/arch of the brow and leaving the front of the brow relatively empty with little product. This will make your brows look a lot less drawn on and more natural because naturally the front of our brows are less full and more sparse.
Good luck and have fun! X