Hi! Do you happen to know a more affordable dupe for NARS' Train Bleu? I love the color, but I can't seem to find the shade in stores near me, and I'd much rather buy a similar color from a drugstore brand. Thanks!
You might have to adjust the color a bit using a darker lip liner or mixing a dark purple lipstick and a little bit of red lipstick to get an exact color but i’ll list some close alternatives! :)
NARS Train Bleu
MAC Cyber (not drugstore, but still $10 cheaper!)
Wet n Wild Vamp It Up (on far left)
Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 04
The MAC x Rocky Horror Picture Show collection will be available on MAC’s website tomorrow and will be available in stores in the US October 2nd!
As someone who used to obsess over MAC collections I have a few tips on how to make sure you get the products you want
- Call the stores near you to see if they have pre launches. Sometimes for bigger collections they will have pre launches which you can sign up for and shop before they sell in stores. Picking the earliest time is best because things sell out fast!
- Check online and keep refreshing the page around 3 - 9 am. Sounds crazy I know but i’ve pulled all nighters refreshing the page until the new collection is available online. Things sell out quickly!
- Keep calling stores near you to see whats in stock, when they get new stock and order over the phone and pick up in store. Again, MAC collections sell out quickly!
A few tips! :)
- Minimal eye makeup
- Skip on bronzer
- Use a semi matching lip color
Think of a statement blush as a statement lipstick, keep the rest of the makeup subtle and let the blush be the star! With a bold blush I like to keep the eye makeup more minimal (just mascara) and use lip color thats in the same color family as the blush. For example with a bright coral blush i’d use a sheer coral lip color or with a dark berry blush i’d use a sheer mauve or berry lip color. Matching the lip and cheek color helps the makeup look really ties the makeup look together.
Also, just because a blush is bright or intense doesn’t mean you need to wear it at as a pop of color! I have a few really bright, hot pink blushes but I apply them very sparingly for a more flushed look.
Try shades like
ELF Blushing Rose $3 (ELF’s Berry Merry also a great fall shade)
Milani Berry Amor (Milani’s Dolce Pink and Fantastico Mauve also great options)
MAC Breath Of Plum
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blushing Bride
Hi so I just finished my bottle of Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation and I'm undecided if I want to repurchase it. I felt that the foundation was too matte ( the lady in the store told me it had a natural finish which I always prefer 😒) for my dry-oily skin and it made my pores/wrinkles stand out even more which is gross, but I liked how it was full coverage & didn't turn my skin oily all day! Do you know any foundations that are just like this one expect with a natural finish? Thanks 💖
Some foundations that are still long lasting but still have a relatively natural finish are
- Dior Skin Forever
- Revlon Colorstay Whipped
- Laura Mercier Silk Cream Foundation
- Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation
Estee Lauder Double Wear is definitely one of the most long wearing foundations on the market! I’ve tried many, many foundations and not many compare, BUT you can make Double Wear work for you!
I also prefer a more natural, even dewy, finish but I have oily skin. So for days when I’ll be out all day I wear my trusty EL Double Wear! There are a few ways to tone down the matteness of a foundation and give it a little more of a natural glow.
- Mix in a little moisturizer or liquid illuminator (or both). This will add a little shine and moisture in the foundation so it will look a lot more natural on the skin. Just mix a little with some foundation on the back of your hand before applying.
- Use a damp sponge to apply it. I love using my Beauty Blender sponge with any matte, long wearing foundation because it adds a little bit of moisture and makes the finish less matte. Since the sponge is slightly damp (make sure it’s not too wet) the water will slightly hydrate the skin.
- Use a heavier moisturizer underneath. Something thick like a cream that will hydrate your skin all day works great under a really drying foundation. A super light weight moisturizer won’t add much hydration under a really matte foundation.
- Setting Spray. Some setting sprays like Urban Decay All Nighter will help make your makeup last longer while others like Rose Water Setting Sprays will simply add moisture. Both kinds of setting sprays will help the foundation melt into the skin so it doesn’t look as powdery or matte. A great last step to get a more natural finish.
Try the Maybelline Color Elixirs! These are like really pigmented, glossy liquid lipsticks. They come in bright colors like purple and orange or more every day colors like nude and pink!
When wearing matte lipsticks you want to always make sure to exfoliate your lips with a tooth brush or lip scrub either the morning of or night before. Also try to use a good lip balm at night so you wake up with moisturized lips ready for matte lipstick! You might even want to apply lip balm 30 minutes to an hour before applying lipstick and pat off the lap balm before applying any lip color. :)
Try lipsticks like
Maybelline Matte Lipsticks $6. These are very new so you might not find the new Maybelline Matte’s line in stores yet but keep an eye out! The formula is matte but still creamy, very impressed!
Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipsticks $5. Also a more creamy, light weight formula.
Wet n Wild Megalast Lipsticks $1.99. These arent completely matte, they dry to a more satin finish. These are extremely moisturizing and creamy without looking glossy or shiny. Such a steal!
NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams $6. These go on more creamy and dry to a matte finish.